I remember the first time Ryder finally went in. He was about 6 months old-- there was a group of pups playing in the water, and he wanted in on the action. Bad. I saw the tension in his eyes: I want to play, but I don't want to die. Play, die, play, die. And suddenly death was worth it. In he went, and we haven't been able to pull him out ever since.
This weekend, Ryan and I took him up to Lake Sonoma for a day so he could swim his little doggy heart out. My favorite is when he does cannonballs into the water. What's a cannonball you ask? See for yourself...
Yup, he was so excited he cannonballed in before I even threw the stick. If you couldn't make out what Ryan said on the video, it's "well that's an embarrassing trip back." Touché. Once in a while he could contain his excitement enough to wait cannonballing until I actually threw the stick...
And of course, every time he got out of the water he got as close to one of us as possible to do a little bit of this:
On the way home, I did just a little bit of trespassing to snap a couple shots in a vineyard. Then, I heard a car coming down the private road and ran as fast as my little heels would carry me.
- Anthropologie top (bought on sale, no longer available online. May still be in some stores. Buy similar on sale here)
- Gap white cami underneath top (bought on sale, no longer available. Buy similar here)
- Urban outfitters green jeans (buy here)
- Anthropologie shoes (bought on sale, no longer available)
- Earrings borrowed from my mother-in-law