Thursday, May 31, 2012

Skippy Says: 30 Weeks (Pregnancy Journal)

30 weeks

Dear baby girl,

Today you turn 30 weeks old, and I get to start the much anticipated 10 week countdown until your arrival. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Even though it's only a week difference, for some reason 30 weeks just sounds so much further along than 29 weeks. You know, just like 25 sounds so much older than 24-- going from "early 20's" to "mid 20's" in one fell swoop like that is bullshit if you ask me.

This last week you somehow managed to reposition yourself to sit directly atop my bladder. In practical terms, this means that I've now gone from feeling like I have to pee every 20 minutes, to feeling like I have to go every second. No, seriously. I'll go pee, stand up to pull my pants up, and then promptly pull them back down because standing up shifted your weight onto my bladder again. Except, whoops, I have nothing left to pee out because, you know, I just gave it everything I had. But the feeling of needing to go is still perpetually there. So if you wouldn't mind shifting just a bit now I'd appreciate it. As would daddy and everyone else who has to hear me whining about needing to pee all the time.

You think I'm kidding, but much of our time during out little getaway in Santa Cruz this past weekend was spent searching for bathrooms. Not exactly how I imagined our first "vacation" since our honeymoon, and probably our last for quite some time. In between the bathroom trips, though, we managed to relax and enjoy each other's company for the first time in a while since daddy has been so busy with work lately. We ate, went to the boardwalk, lay by the pool, hiked, saw a movie, rented a little motor boat to go out on the ocean for a few hours, and played mini golf (I got a hole in one! Daddy didn't! BAM! Don't ask about the other holes though....). If your activity level is any indication, you had a pretty good time yourself-- you wouldn't quit twisting and turning in my belly all weekend. And although he's been feeling you for months now, daddy's face still lights up every single time he feels you. And although I've been seeing his reaction for months now, it still melts my heart every single time to see him to happy and excited over being able to connect with you.

Love,

Mama




4 comments:

  1. Great post :)

    http://fashioncareofwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 weeks! Yay! The countdown begins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 30 weeks! It's great that you got to spend some time together in Santa Cruz before the baby comes, even if much of it was spent in search of a restroom. Maybe I should plan a long weekend getaway there - Santa Cruz is one of my favorite places :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so relieved to hear you describe the "fake pee" thing. Everyone talks about how pregnancy makes you need to pee often. NO ONE talks about how it makes you THINK you need to pee all the time. There's a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...