Just one little problem stood in our way. Turns out the cookoff was Sunday, not Saturday. Ryan consoled me by taking me out to a yummy Thai place for lunch, and undefeated I went home ready to try again the next day. Except since we live in the Bay Area where the weather is slightly bipolar, the warm and sunny Saturday turned to a gray and rainy Sunday. So I kept the top I was going to wear, but changed the rest.
I look super mysterious because I'm hiding a surprise inside my trenchcoat. Tada!
The cookoff was a lot of fun even though I couldn't eat almost anything there-- most all the chilis were made with either beef or pork, and I don't eat either. There was one vegetarian option though, so I didn't leave totally empty-bellied.
I also did some spying around on the competition, since I plan to enter next year with my (soon to be) famous pulled chicken white bean chili. Plus, there was a fun band with a very stylish lead singer. Clearly he knew capes were going to be big this fall.
- Banana Republic Factory store petite jeans (bought on sale circa 2009, no longer available. Buy similar here)
- Anthropologie trenchcoat (circa 2010, no longer available. Gift from my mother-in-law. Buy similar here)
- Top (Cotton On outlet store, scored for $7! Not available online)
- H&M belt
- Necklace from random little airport store
- Earrings gift from my grandmother
- Naturalizer outlet boots (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available. Buy similar here or here)