Thursday, September 15, 2011

Skippy Says: Settling For Moths (OOTD)

"Some people are settling down, some are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies"- Carrie Bradshaw.

What, doesn't every good post start with a Sex and the City quote?

Well, ladies, I've settled for less than butterflies. Carrie would be very disappointed with me, but my bank account is pretty pleased. After months of pining after these Anthropologie jeans in red and the same ones in green, I came to terms with the fact that: 1) I can't justify paying that much for them; 2) they won't hit sale anytime soon, if ever; and 3) if they do ever hit sale, they'll probably be sold out in my size. So I finally settled on two replacement pairs (a downgrade from butterflies to moths, shall we say?) that combined cost me significantly less than one pair of the Anthropologie ones. Le sigh.

Below are the red ones I bought and although the fit is a bit worse on me than the Anthropologie ones and the color red is more BAM IN YOUR FACE than I would like, they're pretty darn good for $35.




 
             







Shop:
- Zara jeans (not available in red online but available in stores. If you want to get red jeans online, you can buy my true loves here or get cheaper versions here or here)
- Anthropologie blouse (gift from my mother-in-law circa 2010, no longer available)
- Shoes from random little store in Germany
- Necklace from random little airport store
- Purse from Treasure Island flea market

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That raccoon blouse is so cute!!! And I love that BAM in your face red! It looks great on you! I'm so glad you gave me the link! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha!! I'll definitely bust it out again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...