This may come as a surprise to some of you, but I don't think Ryan is my soulmate. Clearly, I'm madly in love and absolutely crazy about him. But to me at least, that's different than a soulmate. My soulmate is my BFF, Alisa, who was in my life long before Ryan and I met. During all of high school, we were quite literally inseparable. From about eight in the morning until midnight we were by each other's sides-- talking, eating (a lot), and making up nicknames for boys we thought were cute so we could discuss them without anyone knowing who we were talking about. Our favorite was "Hrusha"- a boy named Andrew that we translated to "Andrusha" and somehow morphed into "Hrusha."
Although we both live in San Francisco, Alisa and I don't get to see each other quite as often as we used to back in the day. Grown-up life and work have gotten in the way, as has our desire to spend time with our respective significant others. We still get together a few times a week though, and this past Sunday was a particularly fun girls day despite the fact that she told me I dressed up like Blossom. And no, she didn't mean it as a compliment, though I took it as one. And yes, she is still my soulmate.
- Target dress (No longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Anthropologie trench (Gift from my mother-in-law, no longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Anthropologie belt (Circa 208, no longer available. Buy similar here)
- Vintage scarf (From SF vintage expo)
- Hue tights (Buy here)
- Hue socks (Not available online but available in store at Macy's)
- Naturalizer outlet boots (bought on sale circa 2009, no longer available. Buy similar here)