Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Skippy Says: Thank You? Thank you. Thank you! (OOTD)

I don't take compliments well. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them. It's just that I just don't know how to graciously accept them. Instead, I end up being one of those really annoying people who argues with you when you try to compliment me. You like my hair? WRONG, it's ugly. That's a yummy dinner I cooked? Eh, no, I've made better. I think the problem is that the compliment means so much to me that I don't know how to adequately express my gratitude. So I choose to be an asshole instead. I'm working on it. Here's step 1. 


In that spirit, I'd like to thank (and not argue with) Sam and Cara for awarding me the "Kreativ Blogger" award. Their blogs are awesome, and you should absolutely check them out if you haven't already!


Rules: Link back to the person who passed you the award, complete the form below, award 10 blogs, 
and drop them a line about it.

Share 7 random things about yourself:
1. I love pretty much all mammals. A little too much. I want to adopt every puppy and kitten on the planet, and one day I'd love to own a monkey and a tiger. Ryan is interested in politics, so we made an agreement that if he is ever president, I get to own a tiger.
2. Related to #1 above, half of our engagement photo shoot was done in a petting zoo in SF. Best.Idea.Ever. Toot toot. 
3. I was born in Russia and lived in a little village there until we moved to San Francisco when I was 6 years old. It was tiny, and we even used to get milk from our neighbor's cow from across the street. Ryan makes fun of me for being a country bumpkin sometimes :)
4. I went to an all women's college (Wellesley) where I studied Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences. I knew it had nothing to do with the career I wanted to pursue in the future, but I loved Linguistics.
5. I was a total drama geek in high school and dreamed of being an actress. Not on TV or anything, but in theatre. I'm still sad I gave theatre up, and I hope to one day have it back in my life.
6. I couldn't cook anything except toast until junior year in college. Studying abroad in Scotland was expensive, so eating out wasn't an option and I forced myself to learn to cook. Now it's one of my favorite hobbies. 
7. I can't sing. At all. My friends say I sound like a croaking frog. Ouch.

Now, to pass the award on to 10 bloggers I'd like to learn a bit more about! In no particular order...

And now...on to today's outfit! 










Shop:
- Banana Republic Factory Store blouse (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available)
- Banana Republic Factory Store petites skirt (bought on sale, no longer available online, may still be in some stores? Buy similar here)
- Anthropologie scarf (bought on sale, no longer available)
- Hue tights in gray (buy here)
- Anthropologie booties (bought on sale, no longer available. Buy similar here)
- Treasure Island flea market purse
- Treasure Island flea market earrings

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you mixed these colors together. Both nice bright pops of color against your neutral tights. Great look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...