I'm that girl that used to ask for a hall pass during math class so I could leave and go cry in the bathroom if I did not understand something the teacher was explaining. Truth is, I don't do too well with being bad at things. And I'm bad at math. Well, 95% of the time anyway. The other 5% something clicks, everything suddenly makes perfect sense, and I'm convinced I want to "be a calculist when I grow up." And for those of you who don't know what a "calculist" is, it's a person that does calculus stuff. DUH.
When I was in law school, I studied pretty much every second I wasn't sleeping. What? I didn't want to be bad at it. It made for a fabulous first year of marriage, just aks Ryan. After turning in a particularly long and painfully boring brief, I rewarded myself with a quick stop by Urban Outfitters on the way home. What I really needed was a hug, but Ryan was at work, so this cozy flannel shirt was the next best thing I could get.
- Urban Outfitters shirt (bought on sale, no longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Vintage skirt (scored from SF vintage expo for $12!)
- Anthropologie belt (circa 2008? No longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Hue diamond grid tights in brown (Buy here)
- Yellow cashmere ruffle socks (gift from my mother-in-law)
- Anthropologie booties (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available)