Well, my first day nannying has come and gone, and I'm happy to report that I did not kill the baby. The lesson here is clear kids: keep your expectations low, and you won't be disappointed.
Some other valuable lessons I learned:
1. The baby is so freaking cute that you will want to squeeze her. Hard. That's probably not a good idea.
2. My biceps do not produce milk no matter how much the baby tries to suckle on them. This makes me feel strangely inadequate.
3. While wearing brown is not a bad idea, you may want to match your top more to the color of the baby's spit up. Just take my word for it.
After my less than fashionable work outfit, I was itching to get back into clothes that had more color and less bodily function stains. Who's to say you can't dress up for a night in?
- Banana Republic outlet top (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available)
- BCBG blazer (bought via ebay- brand new for $9! Buy similar (but significantly pricier) version here)
- Urban outfitters jeans (buy here, or an even cheaper version here)
- Banana Republic outlet scarf (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Vintage purse from SF vintage sidewalk sale ($5!)
- Anthropologie shoes (bought on sale circa 2010, no longer available)
- Earrings from random little store on Haight street ($5!)